Tue, 23 Jan|
Colour Management Masterclass
Do you know your colour gamuts from your colour spaces? Find out at this expansive masterclass on colour management
Time & Location
23 Jan 2024, 14:30 – 17:00
Margate, 31-33 High St, Margate CT9 1DX, UK
About the Event
Workshop Cost: £5
Book your place HERE
Masterclass tutor: Arnold Borgerth
What is Colour Management?
In the most basic sense, it is about precisely matching your final output to your on-screen image and if you’re finding that is not happening, then this is the Masterclass for you. This is a session for professional artists and designers, alongside those who need consistency in their work.
“Colour Management” is about keeping the colours, brightness, contrast, including black & white of an image consistent along the journey the image/file makes across the various devices and software, from capture to output.
Essentially, “Colour Management” consists of a series of settings and procedures which must be in place to create a reliable “Colour Managed” digital workflow.
This is relevant for both the digital and analogue image maker as analogue images will inevitably be digitized to either be seen on screens, go online and/or be digitally printed.
“Colour Management” is also relevant to graphic designers as they often deal with photographic images and also need consistency when sending what they see on their computer screens to print.
Using images, and illustrations the workshop will show the participants what a Colour Managed workflow should look like and:
- explain what Colour Models, Colour Spaces, Colour Gamut, and Colour Profiles are
- explain/demonstrate Computer Screen Calibration
- explain/demonstrate colour model conversions (RGB to CMYK, etc.)
- show how to properly setup Photoshop (and similar software) for Colour Management
- show how to properly use Colour Profiles
- show how to properly setup Photoshop (and similar software) for printing